Saturday, November 26, 2011

My standard standards are high.

Standard...
You know,uniform,all the same,and the like.
Not in "the industry".
BB30,BB92,12x142,12x150,12x157,SHIS headtubes,ISCG,15x100.
Holy shit.If you have a bike company,you probably have a so called "standard" that you dreamed up thinking it would solve everyone's problems.Well you didn't.You made me memorize 46 different ways to install a bottom bracket,made me buy a Cane Creek Gary Guage,and stranded with me 2 options for my rear hub.One of which is ungodly expensive,the other is unsealed with shit freehub engagement.

Now if there were some sort of bicycle industry cheif or something,and I happened to be this fellow this is how frames would look...

Downhill-
-12x150 rear end.
-83mm English BB shell with intergrated ISCG 05.
-1.5'' regular cup headtube.
-31.6 seatpost.

All Mountain-
-12x135 rear end.
-73mm English BB shell with intergrated ISCG 05.
-1.5'' regular cup headtube.
-31.6 seatpost.
-Dropper post cable guides.

Trail-
-12x135 rear end.
-73mm English BB shell with intergrated ISCG 05.
-Tapered 1 1/8'' to 1.5'' regular cup headtube.
-31.6 seatpost
-Dropper post cable guides.

XC-
-12x135 rear end.
-73mm English BB shell.
-Tapered 1 1/8'' to 1.5'' regular cup headtube.
-31.6 seatpost.

Road-
-10x135 through axle rear end.
-73mm English BB shell.
-1.5'' regular cup headtube.
-31.6 seatpost.

Along with these set,unchangeable stardards all forks would be 20x110 through axle,with either a Maxle type system or the whole solid axle with pinch bolts set up.All seatposts would be tube shaped.Fuck you if you think your "aero tested" teardrop seatmast is better in any way shape or form then a 31.6 Thomson.Wheel size would be 26'' or 29''...with the latter only being allowed on road,and bikes with less than 4'' of travel.Bar diameter would be a set 31.8 across the board.25.4 is for people who run 125mm stems off road.

So there it is.My heaven.I guess for now I better stick to reading up on Cannondale PDF's and using my Gary Guage to find the I.D. of the headtube on your new Niner carbon full suspension frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment